Uni life can be complicated at first, so this site will help make it a little easier to navigate your first semester at Monash. The weeks listed here represent the twelve teaching weeks of semester. Just start scrolling to browse topics to see important deadlines to help you manage your studies each week.
Books and reading lists
Check your booklists
A list of required and recommended materials, based on your unit enrolment, is available in my.monash. It's in the My course tile.
If your booklist isn't there, it's because either:
- you haven't enrolled in units or your enrolment hasn't been processed yet. Wait a few hours and try again
- your teacher hasn't made the booklist available. Check with your faculty or teacher.
Where to buy books
You can order books online from:
You can also try these places where students sell books they no longer need:
- Monash Marketplace in my.monash
- Monash Uni Textbook Exchange on Facebook
- Monash Textbooks on the Student VIP site.
Using older editions
Be careful buying older editions of textbooks. Sometimes they'll be fine, but you should check with your lecturer first.
Check your reading lists
Most units will require you to read more widely than just the prescribed textbooks.
Check your reading lists by unit code or name, on the library website. Login to access articles online and to add personal study notes to items in your reading lists.