Uni life can be complicated at first, so this site will help make it a little easier to navigate your first semester at Monash. The weeks listed here represent the twelve teaching weeks of semester. Just start scrolling to browse topics to see important deadlines to help you manage your studies each week.
VTAC November offers open 2pm today
- Login below to view your offer
- Accept by completing all enrolment steps
VTAC entry will open on 20/09/2017 at 10pm
Please come back then to view your offers and enrolment steps.
Weeks 1 - 3
Want to make unit changes?
Find out about the deadlines for adding or dropping units
Study matters: getting off to a good start
Services for students
Help for first years
Congratulations on your decision to study at Monash. Orientation Week is the official start of semester and we encourage everyone to attend.
Orientation Week will help you:
- learn more about your campus, facilities and services on offer
- get to know your faculty and prepare for study
- form connections, make friends and involved in campus life
- develop a sense of belonging to the Monash community
During Orientation, your faculty or school will host activities and sessions regarding student life and support. These are highly recommended as they’ll help you get settled quicker, meet other students and inform you about the types of academic and social support available. We also have fun activities including Welcome events and Student Association run activities. For further information and to create a personalised Orientation plan, see the Orientation website.
If you can’t attend Orientation
Orientation is important but if there are circumstances beyond your control that prevent you from attending, we have some tips on how you can prepare for life at Monash.
- We encourage all new students to join the New-to-Monash Facebook group to connect with other new students and gain handy transition advice.
- The Monash Amigo social network is another great way to get to know other students in your course or campus.
If you're an Exchange or Study Abroad student, you'll receive your Orientation Program by email before you leave home. For more information visit Study Abroad support services.
Parents and families are important to Monash and we know when your child, partner or parent start university, transition issues can affect you too. That is why we have developed resources to support you in supporting your student.
You are always welcome to enjoy campus life with your student but please note that we cannot disclose information regarding your student's enrolment and results to you due to privacy reasons.