Uni life can be complicated at first, so this site will help make it a little easier to navigate your first semester at Monash. The weeks listed here represent the twelve teaching weeks of semester. Just start scrolling to browse topics to see important deadlines to help you manage your studies each week.
If you're struggling with a unit or with your study load, you might want to consider dropping a unit by the census date.
Before making changes to your enrolment, check your:
- course rules (for core units, prerequisites or corequisites) or talk to your faculty
- visa conditions, if you're an international student. You usually need to have a full study load for your student visa to remain valid.
Remember to keep your contact details up to date in WES, otherwise you might miss important communications from us.
The census date for the:
- semester two 2020 intake is 7 September
- November intake is 1 December
- semester one 2021 intake is 31 March.
Academic penalties may also apply, depending on when you withdraw. Many teaching periods in 2020 have been exempt from this, but you should check this before dropping units.
For a full list of census dates for all teaching periods (e.g. full-year units, terms, trimesters), and any penalties that apply, see census dates and teaching periods.