Uni life can be complicated at first, so this site will help make it a little easier to navigate your first semester at Monash. The weeks listed here represent the twelve teaching weeks of semester. Just start scrolling to browse topics to see important deadlines to help you manage your studies each week.
Respect at Monash
All new Monash students must complete the compulsory module, Respect at Monash, by Thursday 30 April.
Agreeing to complete Respect at Monash formed part of your enrolment in the Web Enrolment System (WES). This agreement stated that you would complete the module by the due date.
Completing the module
Make sure you follow up on the agreement and complete the Respect at Monash module by Thursday 30 April.
What it covers
Monash is a partner in Universities Australia’s national campaign, Respect. Now. Always. and with the help of Monash students, our Respectful Communities Unit has produced a module called Respect at Monash.
The module aims to ensure students understand what it means to be a respectful member of the Monash community. It will help all students at Monash to look out for one another, making everyone's time at university a great one.
The course will cover topics including:
- rights and responsibilities
- problem behaviour and misconduct
- respectful relationships
- how to be an active bystander
- alcohol and other drugs.
If you don't complete the module
If you don't complete this compulsory module by the agreed date your Monash account may be encumbered. This blocks your access to many Monash systems, including exams, library services, re-enrolment, results, assignment submission, and graduation.
What you need to do
- Make sure you’ve submitted the agreement in the Web Enrolment System (WES) first, which states that you’ll complete the module by the agreed date.
- Only then should you complete the Respect at Monash module – and make sure you do so before the 30 April deadline.
- Be sure to retain your proof of completion record.