Change of Commencement Date Form
Your request should be lodged at least two weeks prior to your commencement date (as per your offer letter). See Faculty preferred commencement dates.
- An offer can be deferred for a maximum period of 12 months. Monash makes no warranty or promise that a further offer will be made.
- Requests are not automatically approved, especially if you have a coursework requirement in your first semester.
- If your request is approved, you will receive a new offer letter, indicating the new start date.
- If you met the English Language Proficiency requirements via an English Language test, the test must still be valid at the proposed commencement date, otherwise you will need to undergo a further test.
- Supervision and resources, approved during assessment of your application, will need to be re-confirmed by the Faculty.
- If you have received a packaged offer (eg. English Bridging Program/PhD) please contact email@example.com to discuss your options, before submitting this form.
- If you are in receipt of a Monash Scholarship, please review the relevant Scholarship Policy and Procedures for details regarding allowable deferral periods.