7.1 Preparation, presentation, submission, assessment and award of degree
For students who received an examination outcome on or before 29 June 2017, please refer to chapter 7 of the 2016 edition of the Handbook for Doctoral Degrees for information on the applicable examination provisions.
Students should refer to the Graduate Research Thesis Examination Policy and supporting Graduate Research Thesis Examination Procedures where they either submit their thesis, or are currently under examination without an outcome, from 30 June 2017 onwards.
The Graduate Research Thesis Examination Procedures outline the formal requirements for the submission and examination of the thesis, including:
- Preparation of the thesis;
- Thesis submission;
- Dispatch of thesis, duration of examination and student status while under examination;
- Appointment of examiners;
- Assessment of theses;
- Examination recommendations and outcomes;
- Thesis archival; and
- Award of degree.
Preparing your thesis for submission
For easy-to-follow instructions on how to prepare and submit a thesis, please refer to the thesis examination preparation page, which includes links to:
- the thesis preliminary pages template;
- advice on the length of the thesis summary;
- links to thesis binders; and
- specific information for Live Theatre and Music Performance students.
Submitting your thesis
For step-by-step instructions on how to submit the thesis, including a video outlining the online process, please visit the thesis examination submission page. This includes links to each faculty’s list of research specialisations.