We regard our research students as partners in our efforts to generate research that has impact.
That means we treat you as a professional, and respect your ideas and work.
We have strict rules that govern the intellectual property of the work you do with us.
When you accept our offer of a research place, you are asked to sign an agreement to abide by these regulations.
The Intellectual Property and Confidentiality Declaration (IPCD) comes with your offer letter. It needs to be completed with the help of your supervisor and must be submitted when you enrol. Please make an appointment to meet your supervisor after receiving your offer letter.
Working through the IPCD will help you and your supervisor work this out but the following resources will also help:
- the Handbook for Doctoral Degrees and the Handbook for Research Master’s Degrees .
- Student IP rights - a summary (docx 914kb) (pdf version 155kb)
- FAQ - Changes to Intellectual Property (Monash Only)
- Assignment and Licensing
- Background Intellectual Property
- Tips on seeking copyright permissions
- The University's Intellectual Property Statute and Regulations