Obtain an invitation to apply
Invitation to Apply
In order to obtain an invitation you will need to:
- complete an expression of interest, and/or
- find a supervisor who agrees to supervise your research.
- Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences *
- Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC)
- Monash Sustainability Institute (MSI)
* Doctor of Psychology applicants do not need, an invitation to apply, to find a supervisor or provide a project proposal prior to submitting an application. Please read and follow the application information provided by the School of Psychological Sciences
When discussing your PhD research project with potential supervisors please remember that your project is to be conceived from the outset as clearly achievable within 3 years equivalent full time. Students are expected to complete their degree within 3 to 4 years equivalent full-time.
Applicants from the following countries should be aware that United Nations Security Council (UNSC) and/or Australian Autonomous sanctions may apply to any research you may undertake in Australia:
Côte d'Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, DPRK (North Korea), Eritrea, Fiji, Former Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Guinea – Bissan, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria and Zimbabwe
It is important that you discuss sanctions that may be applicable to your proposed research with your supervisor. There may be a delay in your capacity to commence a research degree at Monash University where approval for your research project needs to be sought.
Information about the UNSC and Australian Sanctions is available at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website.