The Scholarships listed below are offered to applicants for full-time research in a graduate research degree where the applicant meets the eligibility criteria and in accordance with the competitive selection process as outlined in Section 3 of the RTP Scholarship Procedures.
- RTP Stipend
- RTP Fees Offset
- Monash Graduate Scholarship (MGS)
- Co-Funded Monash Graduate Scholarship (CF-MGS)
- Monash Graduate Excellence Scholarship (MGES)
- Monash Indigenous Research Award (MIRA)
- Maxwell King PhD Scholarship
- Sir James McNeill Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship
- Monash Silver Jubilee Postgraduate Research Scholarship
- Monash Equity Scholarship (MES)
- Monash International Tuition Scholarship (MITS)
- Vera Moore International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (VMIPRS)
- Indonesian Women in STEM Scholarship
Competitive Selection Process
Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
Priority will also be given to applicants who:
- hold an Australian or New Zealand bachelor’s degree with First Class Honours (H1) or qualifications and/or research experience deemed equivalent by the University;
- have not completed a graduate research masters or doctoral degree at the same course level (for example, are applying to undertake a second doctoral degree);
- are or will be enrolling via internal (on-campus) mode;
- entitled to a maximum scholarship duration of more than 12 months equivalent fulltime as a result of prior enrolment in a graduate research degree;
- have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
If your qualifications don’t meet the H1 level, your experience as a researcher could be considered equivalent. Check our eligibility equivalencies for more details.