Many of our research students – especially those who have travelled from overseas – choose to live on campus while studying.
The benefits of living close to the centre of your working world include easy access to your supervisors and our world-class research equipment.
We also offer 10 residential scholarships annually to research students at each of our 10 faculties and the Monash Injury Research Institute to help meet the cost of living on campus
The scholarships entitle you to an annual $1000 rental rebate, payable in $100 monthly instalments.
Monash Residential Services provides care, support and enrichment for all members of our academic community who live on campus.
Am I eligible?
Selection is based on your academic record, including publications, and your position (if applicable) on your faculty's scholarship order of merit list.
You must also be:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa, or
- an international student
- a current, full-time postgraduate student, enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia
- a current, full-time research student, enrolled at a Monash campus in Australia, and
- have been a prior resident with Monash Residential Services in the previous year for at least six months, and
- a current resident with Monash Residential Services.
The application form to apply for a Monash Residential Services' merit scholarship is available from the MIGR intranet (Monash only)
The information provided on this page is correct as at 01/06/2016, and may be revised once the outcomes of the Australian Government's Review of Research Policy and Funding Arrangements are known.