3.2 Research environment

3.2 Research environment

3.2.1 Place of enrolment

Doctoral students are required to undertake their research degree in an academic unit (department, school, centre, institute or faculty)  of Monash University which has been approved for the purposes of doctoral  enrolment. Refer to the relevant Regulations

Other sites may also be approved in exceptional circumstances as a research site for individual doctoral students. 

Students may be permitted in certain circumstances to pursue a part of their  research at other research institutions and locations outside the University. Students enrolled in cotutelle or joint-award programs usually have a  requirement to spend at least 12 months engaging in research at the partner  institution. (For further information, see Section 4.3 'Studying away from the  University'.) 

Students enrolled in the Doctor of Psychology, Doctor of Public Health and  MPsych/PhD programs are required to undertake off-campus clinical placements at approved sites.

print version