Chapter 4: Changes to enrolment

4.7 Attendance variation

Backdated variation requests will not be considered under any circumstances.

4.7.1 Changes to part-time or full-time enrolment

Refer to the relevant Regulations. Students may be permitted to alter their enrolment status from full-time to part-time or from part-time to full-time. The head of the academic unit or nominee will be asked to confirm that the student will be able to meet conditions of enrolment, including any coursework and/or training requirements where relevant, for the attendance type requested. See Section 3.3 for more information.

If you are a scholarship awardee, please refer to the RTP Scholarship Procedures to identify if any changes to your enrolment will impact your scholarship entitlement/s. Applications to vary your enrolment between part-time and full-time should be submitted on the Attendance Variation form (Monash only).

4.7.2 Transfer between academic units within a faculty

Students may, under certain circumstances such as a major change in the direction of research or change in the availability of supervision, be permitted to transfer from one academic unit to another within the faculty during the course of the enrolment. In such instances, the student must apply for approval from the Graduate Research Committee. If a student transfers to another academic unit, the original start date and end date of enrolment will normally apply. If as a result of the transfer a substantial change in research direction occurs an application to extend enrolment may be submitted at the appropriate time. Applications to transfer between academic units within one faculty should be submitted on the Change of Supervision (Monash only).

4.7.3 Transfer between graduate research degrees

Students wishing to transfer degrees should refer to Section 2.4 of this Handbook.