The actions we're taking:
Increase staff awareness and visibility of wellbeing and fitness programs through various strategies
- Review the recruitment, coordination and structure of staff fitness advocates from across all faculties, institutes and departments to drive participation in the Staff Wellbeing Activity Program (SWAP).
- Improve awareness of the importance of physical exercise to good mental health and wellbeing.
- Provide clear, consistent guidance across Monash on the range of physical health activities that are supported during work hours.
- Provide information to new staff during induction on wellbeing and fitness initiatives across University locations.
- Collaborate with university-wide events (e.g 10,000 steps challenge) to provide opportunities to partner with Monash Sport.
- Continue to encourage staff to be active through incentives (e.g., faculty subsidies for SWAP and gym membership); options to salary sacrifice.
Revitalise our mental health services to create greater uptake and peer promotion.
- The tele-mental health services of Monash Counselling will be more widely promoted and will continue to be offered as an alternative to actual in-person sessions.
- The Monash Employee Assistance Program will be revitalised to provide a greater awareness of mental health services available for staff.
- Annual staff surveys, focus groups and anonymous system reports will generate data on uptake of these newly revitalised services.
Enhance participation in a range of different staff-focussed fitness and social activities
- Enhance the social sport program to include a wider range of activities such as darts, pool, bowls and eSports.
- Extend the Monash Walk and Fun Run event to more regular, engaging challenges on campus.
- Provide faculties, divisions and institutions with the opportunity to have tailored programs developed to increase uptake and ongoing participation amongst staff.
Inclusive games room
Launch and oversee operation of a new, inclusive games room
- Increase opportunities for more informal and non-traditional recreation on campus.
- Ensure all staff can access a range of games and activities that suit a variety of preferences:
- air hockey