Indigenous Leaders Program
This year-long program equips selected Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students with the confidence and skills to lead effectively. The program connects participants with Indigenous leaders and Elders from the local community, and offers a unique international study tour to help develop global skills and experiences.
- Complete four Leap into Leadership Online skill development modules
- Attend 4 leadership masterclass events (including 1 visiting regional Victoria in May)
- Gain access to the annual Monash University Student Leadership Summit
- Benefit from skill development tracking using Student Futures
- Participate in the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Indigenous) International Study Tour (late Sept/Oct 2019) to British Columbia, Canada
- Celebrate their achievements at the end of program graduation ceremony.
The program offers a range of activities and experiences that may help you to:
- Build and develop an understanding of your personal strengths and leadership qualities
- Strengthen knowledge of local Aboriginal culture, issues and practices
- Enhance your ability to affect positive social change
- Develop a network with other Indigenous students studying at Monash
- Facilitate your learning from past and present Indigenous leaders.
In order to receive a certificate of completion, participants must:
- Complete the minimum four Leap Into Leadership modules:
- Module 1 - Goal Achievement: Strategies for Success
- Module 2 - Communicate with Impact: Make Yourself Heard
- Module 3 - Personal Brand: Stand Out From The Crowd
- Module 4 - High-Performing Teams: Work and Win Together
- Attend all program events
- Volunteer at two Indigenous events throughout the year (ie, Experience Day, Elders Day, Winter Gathering, Annual Reconciliation Lecture).