IITB-Monash Research Academy
The IITB-Monash Research Academy is an exciting partnership between the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), India and Monash University.
The Academy is an independent, autonomous, not-for-profit (Section 8) joint venture research academy. It has been formed to augment the pace and intensity of research, particularly applied research, through collaborations between IITB, Monash and external industry partners.
Research is conducted through a highly innovative PhD program. Students are jointly supervised by academics from IITB and Monash, receive a joint degree from both institutions and have access to a full range of facilities at both IITB and Monash. The program features a Monash stay component where students spend a year at Monash with their local research supervisors and industry mentors.
Critical objectives of the Academy are:
- to conduct research of the highest quality;
- to contribute compellingly to economic, business, research and societal impacts;
- to train a new breed of scientific and engineering talent able to work globally with multi-national companies and R&D establishments while also contributing to the national innovation agendas of both Australia and India.
In order to achieve these objectives, it is crucial to strengthen knowledge and innovation-rich partnerships. The Academy has close links with industry and government programs through undertaking cutting-edge innovative research.
The main benefits of a research partnership with IITB-Monash are:
- Outcomes: through high quality research publications, patents, alumni and startups.
- Talent: through the development of trained PhD scholars.
- Networks into India: through Australian and Indian academia as well as partner industries.
- Impact: to society and industry sectors through solving grand challenges in a thematic mode.
The Academy operates at a scale unrivalled by any other Australian-Indian collaboration and has close to 200 PhD students, 400 researchers and 400 research projects to date. It has graduated 91 students who are well placed in academia and industry including startups.
For more information visit www.iitbmonash.org or contact us.
Professor Murali Sastry, CEO