An ecosystem of innovation
The Monash Technology Precinct is an ecosystem that is supported by a unique concentration of world-class infrastructure.
The Precinct brings together:
- Australia’s largest university
- World-leading research organisations such as CSIRO, ANSTO Synchrotron, the Melbourne Centre for Nanofabrication and the Monash Medical Trials Centre at Monash Health.
- Industry players from successful start-ups, such as AMEARO, through to multinationals such as Agilent, Bosch, Johnson & Johnson and Telstra.
- An endless pool of talent - students, researchers and professionals
- Government partners at local, state and federal levels.
Our facilities and equipment are state-of-the-art. Our operators are internationally regarded as the best in the field, and our network of core technology research platforms provides a one-stop shop.
Our strong governance, oversight and maintenance contracts ensures seamless experiences for our users. Learn more about our research infrastructure.
The combination of Monash know-how, our connected research and industry partners and world-class facilities are working to push the boundaries.
Key facilities and partnerships
1. Australian Synchrotron
National research facility instrumental in publishing of 3000+ refereed journals
2. Brain Park
Collaborative research facility for engineering and science innovation
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation
4. Ian Potter Centre for Performing Arts
The cultural heart of Melbourne’s South East Region.
5. Monash Biomedicine Discovery Institute
One of Australia’s largest biomedical research institutes with 120+ internationally-renowned research teams and 200+ collaborations.
6. Monash Health Translation Precinct
A translation precinct, comprising Monash Children’s Hospital, Monash Medical Centre, J&J Innovation Partnering
Office and Hudson Institute. It is part of Victoria’s largest health network.
7. New Horizons
Collaborative research facility for engineering and science innovation.
8. Woodside Innovation Centre
Transformational hub for technological innovation for IT and engineering students.
9. World Mosquito Program
Australian hub for the global research initiative preventing mosquito-borne diseases.
10. Victorian Heart Hospital
Australia’s first dedicated cardiac facility - a partnership with State Government and Monash Health.