The Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) is the central office that administers the application processes for places in tertiary courses, scholarships and the Special Entry Access Scheme at universities, TAFEs and independent tertiary colleges in Victoria (and a few outside Victoria). VTAC receives and forwards application information and supporting documentation to the relevant authorities at institutions in addition to other data points across the admission life cycle.
These reports are confidential and not for external dissemination, they are presented for use by Monash University staff only.
Release of the information contained within these reports to non-University staff will be treated as a serious breach of our policies (integrity and respect, ethics) and procedures (data protection and privacy) which clearly outline the University’s professional behaviour expectations. In addition, release of this data externally will result in the withdrawal by VTAC of the state wide comparative data for 5 years.
UPS consolidates these key datasets across the students' admission lifecycle when applying through VTAC through the following assets:
Preference data is released weekly throughout the VTAC application window (August to February). The summary report includes all data up to the current week.
- Summary report as at 16th February 2022
The standard popularity polls data files are provided by VTAC at specific time points during the application cycle. The files contain data showing the number of tertiary applications (university, TAFE and private provider) at each preference level. UPS prepare a series of pivot tables, static reports and key insights from the data. The reports contain historical data and can be used to examine changes in applicant demand across the sector and within Monash.
Institutions may provide media comment about their VTAC preferences with the following provisos:
- No system level data can be released.
- Institutions may comment on their own data only. There must be no reference to or comparison with the data of any other institution.
- Institutions must not compare their application data with other institutions generally. For example ABC University cannot say it has the highest number of applicants overall, or for a particular field of study. It can say how its applications compare with previous years for its own institution.
All Institutions (restricted access) - Please note this page has restricted access.
VTAC provide data files for multiple simulations for each offer round from which UPS produce pivot tables and reports to inform decision making during admissions time. Access to this data is restricted to specific staff only.
- All Preference and Applicant related Pivot Tables have been decommissioned and replaced by a consolidated PowerBI Application, available within the VTAC Monash Application.
- VTAC Deferments and Subsequent Enrolments 2014-2018 (xlsm 450KB, November 2018)
- All Preference and Applicant related Pivot Tables have been decommissioned and replaced by a consolidated PowerBI Application, available within the VTAC State-wide Application.
Note: Monash VTAC data is also available in Monash University Business Intelligence (BI) Service. The VTAC data within all BI reports does not contain data for other institutions.
- The Admission Transparency Dashboard is available within the VTAC Monash Application.