Monash is Australia's biggest university and one of the world’s top 100. And, at just over 50 years old, we're only just getting started! We’re also one of the eight Australian universities that make up the prestigious 'Group of Eight'. We measure ourselves against a series of international and local standards.
Subject and Discipline Rankings:
- Ranked #1 in Australia and #57 in the world for Engineering and Technology, Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject, 2018.
- Ranked #36 in the world for Engineering and Technology, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018.
- Ranked in the top 100 in the world for Computer Science and Information Systems, QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018.
University Wide Rankings:
- Monash is in the top one per cent of world universities - 80th in the world - according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2018).
- Monash is ranked as the 59th university in the world according to the 2019 QS World University Rankings.
- Monash is ranked 78th in the world according to the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities compiled by Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
We're a member of Australia's prestigious Group of Eight (Go8) universities, recognised for excellence in teaching, learning, research and graduate outcomes. That sounds great when you say it, but what does it mean?
It means that we know what we’re doing when it comes to what universities are here to do – teaching you, inspiring you, and helping you go on to do amazing things. It means that our staff are among the world’s best. It means that our research is helping to change the world. And it means that when you study with us, you might change it, too.