2018 IRIC Student Recruitment Event
The Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer (IRIC) of the Université de Montreal has recently launched the 2018 IRIC Student Recruitment Event. Open to undergraduate and graduate students with strong interest in cancer research, this event offers a unique opportunity to discover the various training opportunities offered by IRIC researchers.
By submitting your application, you could be invited for a 4-day event at the IRIC, on the campus of the Université de Montréal, on June 13-16, 2018. Reimbursement of travel expenses (up to $500), hotel accommodation for 4 nights, meals for 4 days and a STM Access Card valid for 3 consecutive days of unlimited travel through the Montreal public transit system will be included for all participants.
The 4-day event will include:
- Visit of the IRIC laboratories and core facilities;
- Guided tour of the campus of the Université de Montréal;
- Presentation of available MSc and PhD research projects by IRIC principal investigators;
- Presentation of ongoing research projects by IRIC students;
- Presentation of the various graduate programs offered;
- A full day of one-on-one interviews with IRIC principal investigators;
- A networking session during a BBQ and a happy hour hosted by the IRIC student association;
- Dinner and activities in downtown Montreal with members of the IRIC student association.
All the activities will be offered in English. Following individual interviews, participants may receive recruitment offers from IRIC principal investigators, accompanied by a $20,000/yr (MSc) or $22,500/yr (PhD) scholarship. These offers will be valid from Winter 2019 to Fall 2019 inclusively.
Application deadline: Monday, March 12, 2018, 5 PM
For more information on the 2018 IRIC Student Recruitment Event, visit www.iric.ca/en/recruitmentevent