Peer mentor program
When you are matched with a peer mentor at the start of your degree you immediately become part of the Monash IT student community. Your peer mentor is someone who will guide you through your studies and help you to transition into uni life.
Mentors for new students
When you join orientation week you will be automatically allocated a peer mentor.
Benefits of the Peer Mentor Program:
- Start your degree as part of the Monash IT community
- Support and encouragement from mentor and student group
- Meet like-minded people
- Hear advice and insights about uni life
- Develop lifelong friendships
What we expect of you?
- Attend meetings and catch-ups
- Maintain good communication with mentor/s
- Respect others in the program
- Attend social events
- Get involved!
Become a mentor
Benefits of becoming peer mentor:
- The program is registered with Student Futures
- Develop your interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop your leadership skill
- Satisfaction of helping others
- Boost your CV by actively demonstrating key employability skills
- Form lifelong friendships with fellow students
- All undergraduate industry-based learning students are automatically eligible to become peer mentors, and may therefore be assigned new students to mentor
- Completed at least 1 year of study (or equivalent credit points)
- WAM of 60+
- Attend group training session held before Orientation-week
- Participate in and run program activities on Orientation Day
- Maintain regular contact with your mentees and supervisor mentors during the first six weeks of the semester
- Actively assist mentees as they start university
- Actively promote and attend program social events
- Participate in and assist with activities on Open Day