Exam Feedback and Performance
Taking the time to reflect on your exam performance can make a huge difference to how you approach future assessment. This process of self‐assessment can enable you to evaluate your own work, and to identify the areas in which you may need to improve. Feedback on your performance in exams is provided in three stages in the Faculty of Information Technology:
Exam Summary Feedback - available on your Moodle site once official results are released.
View your exam script - apply to view your exam script for more detailed feedback (open until midnight 11 December 2019).
If - after completing the first two stages (viewed the exam summary feedback and your exam script) - you would still like to know more about your performance, you may submit a written request via an online application form (available after the first viewing session on 17 December) for further feedback from your Chief Examiner. This request must be submitted no later than 10 working days after viewing the examination script.
Semester 2, 2019 exam script viewing sessions
Information Technology exam viewing has been postponed.
A number of events and programs, including exam viewing are now being rescheduled in accordance with information provided by the University on the COVID-19 fact sheet.
We will advise students by email of the new exam viewing dates and location once the new schedule is available.
You can contact us via an online enquiry if you have any queries.
Attending an Exam Viewing session
- Exam viewing is solely for the purpose of reviewing your exam performance.
- You must show your student ID card to enter.
- Only the students viewing their exam script will be allowed in the viewing session.
- You can only view your own exam.
- Your viewing will be supervised.
- You cannot photocopy, mark or alter the exam script in any way.
- Supervising staff cannot discuss your exam or marks with you.
- You cannot bring any pens, pencils, mobile phones (or similar digital devices) into the viewing session. You will be provided with writing and noting materials at the viewing session.
- You may be denied access to your exam script if the final exam was short answer or multiple choice.
- Exam scripts are usually destroyed six months after the unit results are released.
Looking for more feedback?
You can submit a request for further feedback (after viewing your exam script and reviewing the exam summary feedback for your unit on Moodle) using an online form (this form will open after the Tuesday viewing session).
Your request should include an explanation of the reason you are seeking further feedback - such as a chance to understand how you could have expanded a response.
It is important to note that where your request is assessed as non-specific or lacking in substance, the Chief Examiner (or nominee) may refer you back the Exam Summary Feedback - provided on Moodle following the release of results.
Applications for individual feedback following exam viewing will open once exam viewing sessions commence and will close 10 working days later.