An ideal school holiday activity, Conquering Code is an opportunity for you to get hands on, have fun and explore what you can create with code. No experience required!
Girls and non-binary students in Year 10 and 11
During the day, you’ll take part in a range of workshops held by our leading IT academics and friendly student clubs. They’ll focus on getting you to build with code, whether it’s a website, 3D model or something else.
In a supportive environment, Conquering Code is also a fantastic opportunity to:
- explore our Clayton campus, so big it has its own postcode!
- learn more about life at Monash
- discover what opportunities and amenities are available to you
- befriend current students and hear about their experiences in university
- get information on our IT courses and the careers they can lead to.
An introduction to VR, Unity and immersive analytics
This workshop focuses on demonstrating how emerging VR technologies can be applied to real-world data analysis problems. You’ll have the chance to see the latest interactive research projects from the Data Visualisation and Immersive Analytics Lab and learn some hands-on skills with Unity 3D. You’ll also get to enjoy a tour of the world-class studios we have for teaching human-centred computing.
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (DSAI) workshop on pandemic planning
This workshop aims to show you some of the key skills students acquire when completing units that fall within our Department of DSAI. The goal of the workshop is to show how different aspects of AI can improve human decision-making, such as during pandemic planning.
The workshop will be run in three parts:
- Simulation of a pandemic outbreak: discuss how basic mathematical models can be used to simulate the spread of a pandemic outbreak.
- Visualisation of a pandemic outbreak: show how the simulation data can be visualised to inform decision-making.
- Planning for a pandemic outbreak: demonstrate how optimisation can be used to improve decision-making
Introduction to website development
In this workshop, you won’t only be introduced to HTML and CSS – but you’ll also get to use Codepen to individually design/modify websites.
Title: Coding basic 3D animations
In this workshop we'll introduce using scripts for basic 3D animations
Monash University values the privacy of every individual's personal information and is committed to the protection of that information from unauthorised use and disclosure except where permitted by law. For information about the handling of your personal information please see Data Protection and Privacy Procedure and the relevant Data Protection and Privacy Collection Statement that applies to you depending on the nature of your interaction with us.
If you have any questions about how Monash University is collecting and handling your personal information, please contact our Data Protection and Privacy Office at email@example.com.