Dean’s seminar series
Sharing insights, furthering knowledge
Every year, Monash Information Technology is proud to host a selection of distinguished speakers – experts in their chosen fields – to bring us their insights, research and ideas, through the Dean’s Seminar Series.
Established in 2017 as a forum for sharing insights and furthering knowledge, to date the Dean’s Seminar Series has hosted industry leaders, world-leading researchers and academics. Speakers offer compelling insights into their chosen field or area of research, as well as an examination of the broader implications and applications for industry, society and some of the key challenges of our time.
The Dean’s Seminar Series is open to students, researchers, staff and alumni of Monash IT, as well as our industry and higher-education peers. As well as providing an opportunity to enjoy an audience with leading experts and researchers, each seminar is typically followed by a chance to meet with like-minded colleagues and industry peers. Please note that seminar attendance is free, however registration is required.
- Dean's Seminar Series: Digital Sustainability as a Factor in Research and Design by Natasa Milic-Frayling 14 June, 2018
- Dean's Seminar Series: Machine Learning @ Amazon by Rajeev Rastogi 7 June, 2018
- Dean's Seminar Series: Human-centric software engineering by John Grundy 23 May, 2018
- Dean's Seminar Series: Digital Civics: Infrastructuring Participatory Citizenship by Prof. Patrick Olivier 16 April, 2018
- Dean's Seminar Series: Steps Towards Collaborative Dialogue by Dr. Phil Cohen 11 April, 2018
- Dean's Seminar Series: Wielding power responsibly: sensitivities for designing new technologies by Geraldine Fitzpatrick 22 March 2018
- Dean's Seminar Series: Building the evidence for the benefits of Digital Health Services and Technologies by Meredith Makeham 01 November, 2017
- Dean's Seminar Series: Innovating in the Teaching of Information Visualization by Marti Hearst 21 August, 2017
- Dean's Seminar Series: Software Analytics: What's Next? How to Get There? by Tim Menzies 05 July, 2017
- Dean's Seminar Series: Model-Based Software Engineering in Industry: Revolution, Evolution, or Smoke? by Bran Selic 03 May, 2017