EcoPeace Middle East Internship
Israel (Tel Aviv)
Annually for three months during the following time
Number of places:
Maximum of one student per year
Applications due end of July each year
Do you have a passion for policy, sustainable development, protecting the environment and promoting dialogue and peacebuilding? Would you like to expand your global experience and knowledge beyond a typical internship?
The Faculty of Law has an agreement with EcoPeace Middle East, Israel for 1 student to intern for 12 weeks, approximately December to February.
The successful student will be required to work on policy, external communication, resource development, research and education within the organization.
Please note that EcoPeace is not a law firm and the successful student will not be working in the legal department.
If you are interested, please follow the steps outlined below under application process.
EcoPeace Middle East is a unique organisation that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. The primary objective is to promote cooperative efforts to protect the shared environmental heritage. In so doing, they seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in theregion. EcoPeace Middle East has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
Monash Law eligibility criteria
- be enrolled in the Bachelor of Laws (or any Bachelor of Laws double degree) or Postgraduate coursework degree in the Faculty of Law at Monash University and have at least one unit of their law degree to complete at the end of the internship program;
- at the time of the internship have completed at least one full time equivalent year of law (48 credit points) and have achieved a minimum credit (60%) average across their law studies;
- have the ability to complete the internship without compromising law studies or examination periods.
- be available on return to commit to marketing and promotional activities, including future use of profiles and reports in marketing material.
- Complete the online application for EcoPeace Middle East Internship and email through your supporting documents (see below) to the firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- In order to submit your application form you will require the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of results (download from WES) which must show at least a 60% average across all law studies
- A personal statement of no more than one page typed (minimum size ariel font x10 point) showing a proven interest in the work and mission of EcoPeace Middle East.
- Short listed applicants will be interviewed by the Senior Student Programs Officer (International & Engagement) and sent to EcoPeace Middle East by the end of September
- The chosen applicant will be confirmed by EcoPeace Middle East by early October
- The successful applicant will be contacted directly via phone and/or email by the Senior Student Programs Officer (International & Engagement)
- All unsuccessful applicants will be notified via phone and/or email by the Senior Student Programs Officer (International & Engagement)
- The successful candidate will be provided with the contact details of the appropriate person at EcoPeace Middle East and they will be required to liaise directly with the organisation in order to determine start and finish dates which must equate to a minimum of 8 weeks during the period specified
- The successful candidate will then be required to register their travel plans with Monash Abroad via MAP for complimentary travel insurance.
If you would like further information about this internship please contact:
Senior Student Programs Officer (International & Engagement)
Phone: +61 3 9905 3024