The Master of Laws (Juris Doctor) has three intakes per year; January, May and August.
1. Submit an online application.
2. Provide original or original certified supporting documentation.
Application commencement periods are as follows:
Trimester 1, January intake: "Summer Semester"
Trimester 2, May intake: "Winter Semester"
Trimester 3, August intake: "Spring Semester (July-October start, varies by course)"
- Applicants must have undertaken an English language proficiency test within 24 months prior to the study commencement date and have achieved the following results:
IELTS score of 7.0 with Writing: 7.0 and no other band score lower than 6.0
TOEFL paper-based test: 587 with a TWE of 5
TOEFL internet-based test: score of 94 overall with Writing: 27, Reading: 13, Listening: 12, Speaking: 18
- a detailed current curriculum vitae and,
- original or original certified copies of your academic transcripts, and evidence of completion, for all tertiary studies undertaken.
If your documentation is in a language other than English, an official certified translation must be provided. You are not required to submit academic transcripts for courses you have undertaken at Monash University, but should instead provide your Monash student number.
- a Credit application form and further documentation, if you are intending to apply for credit. Please refer to the 'credit transfer' information below.
There are three intakes per year for the Monash JD.
|Monash JD Intakes|
|Trimester 2 2017|| Trimester|
|Trimester 1 2018||Important Information|
|Course commencement period|| 2017 Winter semester |
| 2017 Spring semester |
2018 Summer semester (January start)
|Applicants must enter the corresponding commencement period for the intake when applying online.|
|Applications close|| |
26 April 2017
|15 August 2017||TBC||Applicants must submit a complete application, including all supporting documentation by 5:00 pm|
|Welcome orientation||26 April 2017||15 August 2017||TBC||Applicants who accept their offer will be invited to attend the Monash JD Welcome Orientation.|
|Course commencement||1 May 2017||21 August 2017||TBC||Please visit the Faculty website for Class Timetable. Students who needs to defer the offer or discontinue a unit, please check the Unit Discontinuation Dates prior submitting your application.|
Applicants who have completed postgraduate law studies with another institution within the last ten years, may apply for credit. The maximum amount of credit that can be granted towards the Monash JD is eight units.
Credit will not be given for units completed as part of an undergraduate degree, although students may be exempted from units where appropriate.
For further credit and application information please refer to the credit policy