LAW4330 Family Law Assistance Program
LAW4330 Family Law Assistance Program - Professional practice
In order to be eligible to apply for LAW4330 Professional practice, students must have:
- An active enrolment in their degree program at Monash;
- Successfully completed the prerequisite units according to the commencement year.
- A valid working with children check (Volunteer) under the counsellor category.
Application and Enrolment
Student should read the LAW4330 FLAP unit information before undertaking the application process. Please note that it is highly recommended that students take LAW4177 Introduction to family law or LAW4163 Parents, children and the state or LAW4162 Family property and financial disputes before applying.
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria;
- Complete the LAW4330 FLAP Application Form via InPlace.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email within 7 to 10 days of application closing date.
- Students will be enrolled into the unit by Student Services.
- Preference will be given to students who are near to completing their degree and who have not yet completed another placement for example LAW4803, LAW4811 or LAW4328.
Clinical Period Dates
Clinical period dates
Application opening and closing dates
Clinical Period 4 2021
13 Sept - 17 December
Opening: 21 June
Closing: 8 August
Clinical Period 1 2021/2022
6 Dec 2021 - 25 March 2022
(summer break 17 Dec- 4 Jan)
Opening: 4 October
Closing: 7 November
|Clinical Period 2 2022||14 March-24 June|
Opening: 11 January
Closing: 13 February
|Clinical Period 3 2022||13 June- 16 Sept|
Opening: 28 March
Closing: 23 May
|Clinical Period 4 2022|
5 Sept-16 Dec
Opening: 27 June
Closing: 8 August
Clinical units are subject to their own set of Discontinuation Dates. Students should check these before deciding to withdraw from a unit.
Undergraduate student services
Phone: 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274)
Director Clinical Units