If you have been charged with a criminal offence, we recommend that you employ a private solicitor if you can afford one. However, if you are unable to do so, Monash-Oakleigh Legal Service (MOLS) can help by:
- Providing advice on whether to plead guilty or not guilty
- Briefing a barrister to represent you (if you can afford this service)
- Providing assistance in applying for Legal Aid representation.
If you are denied Legal Aid, MOLS can help you:
- Prepare to present your case in court - this includes organising relevant documentation and construction of arguments
- Understand the court process
- With advice on potential outcomes of your case.
You may also find some relevant materials on useful links page.