Carlton & United Breweries (CUB) is one of the most iconic companies in Australia with its history dating back to 1832.
In 2011, CUB joined the SABMiller group, the second largest brewer in the world. As of October 2016, they are now a part of the Anheuser-Busch InBev family. CUB is a part of AB InBev, the leading global brewer that sells over 400 brands across 100 markets and employing 200,000 people.
Students participating in this placement program will work with Legal Directors on site, one day per week.Students will undertake a practical placement in the Legal & Corporate Affairs team at CUB, Melbourne CBD Office, which is responsible for the Asia Pacific South zone comprising Australia, India and South East Asia. What you’ll be doing:
At CUB Offices, under supervision by qualified solicitors, students will support the Legal Directors of Commercial, Corporate & Compliance and Operations for a range of activities including:
- providing legal advice to the business, including functions such as Commercial, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Tax, Supply, Logistics, Procurement and People;
- supporting on strategic files that may include mergers and acquisitions, divestments and strategic alliances;
- managing the IP portfolio of the CUB business and providing broader support in the management of IP issues;
- supporting the Sales and Marketing Compliance Committee in reviewing and approving all consumer facing material;
- assisting with compliance reviews, training and investigations that assess and protect against bribery, corruption, competition and regulatory risks; and
- advising in relation to employment law and industrial relations issues.