Forty Four Degrees is a boutique Australian Law Firm working to assist both individuals and businesses. As lawyers, our duty to the court and to the client is paramount, although sometimes in tension with each other. The mission of each lawyer at 44 is to navigate this with honesty, integrity, and humility.
Forty Four Degrees believes in taking the holistic approach to clients and their journeys and assisting them to navigate their interactions with the law.
We aim to be responsible corporate bodies in areas of social justice, environmental issues, and staff well being. We will be quick, mobile, and responsive to the market and emerging technologies.
Our policy is to promote diversity and equality to all people we interact with irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status and social class. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination and will actively seek employees from diverse backgrounds as we appreciate the value of differing experiences.
Forty Four Degrees practices law across a range of areas including:
- technology and startup law
- property law including conveyancing and leasing
- commercial law
- civil litigation
- wills & estates
- bankruptcy and insolvency
- criminal law
- family law and
- professionals facing investigations and charges from their regulatory bodies.
Duties of the placement might include:
- Observing legal processes and actively suggesting ways to implement technology to improve efficiency
- Attending client and stakeholder meetings
- Filing paperwork for various files
- Going to court to file documents or instruct
- Opening and closing files in LEAP
- Under supervision, drafting orders and simple divorce applications
- Indexing litigation files, discovery and drafting routine correspondence
- Drafting letters of demand using precedents
- Taking a chronology or client statement and ensuring that follow-up action is taken
- Ensuring introductory materials are given if necessary and that client is allocated to the appropriate person
- Researching cases for website, social media publication and CPD presentations
- Designing and drafting marketing materials and online web forms for client information purposes