About Lander & Rogers
Lander & Rogers (Landers) is an award-winning and a leading independent Australian law firm, comprising over 500 people including 75 partners across its offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Landers is a firm with a strong reputation for having an authentic and inclusive culture. Consistent with our values and culture, we are strongly committed to pro bono & community work and supporting our environment.
Landers, in partnership with Monash University, is proud to offer two (2) clinical placements for Monash University law students. This clinical placement opportunity will be based in Landers' Pro Bono, Community and Environment (Pro Bono) practice group.
Students from an Indigenous or South Sudanese background, or students who have an interest in these cultures (through volunteering or affiliations) are encouraged to apply.
Throughout the duration of the clinical placement, participants can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- work closely with the two Personal Assistants and the South Sudanese Business Response (SSBR) Project Officer in supporting the national Pro Bono Partner;
- provide support to the Project Officer in implementing and executing project goals and strategies for the SSBR project;
- where the need arises, conduct legal research, produce memos and analysis on various legal matters for legal and non-legal staff;
- conducting legal research for Pro Bono clients (e.g. not-for-profit organisations) and in connection with indigenous social justice projects;
- assist victims of crime with completing and submitting their applications to the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal working with Indigenous led Services and Community Legal Centres;
- prepare, edit, format and proof-read documents (e.g. word documents, PowerPoint presentations and excel spreadsheets);
- perform file maintenance, e-filing and updating databases;
- draft and review legal and non-legal documents for lawyers and various business groups;
- attend court with lawyers acting in pro bono matters;
- assist with the continual improvement of processes within the practice group and across the firm; and
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders.