Springvale Monash Legal Service (SMLS) has been running a clinical legal education program in conjunction with Monash University’s Faculty of Law, whereby law students undertake a practical placement at the legal service as part of their undergraduate degree.
Benefits for students:
- Improved graduate employability driven by the skills and knowledge gained through participation.
- Providing all students, regardless of social or economic background, with pathways into the legal profession.
- Increase connection points and enhanced opportunities.
- Build professional networks.
- A deeper understanding and appreciation of the law and its application in the community, government and commercial world.
- Potential to be involved in meaningful and high-profile law reforms.