The Office of the General Counsel (OGC) is the central office within the University responsible for dealing with the University's legal matters.
The OGC provides quality legal advice and services, with timely delivery, tailored to the particular needs of our University clients. Support is provided to management and staff to enable the University's education, research, commercial and administrative functions.
- Research and Commercialisation teams
- Commercial and Property teams
This placement will provide valuable insight into the workings of an in house legal counsel team. Students selected for this placement may be involved in
- conducting legal research
- assisting with precedent improvement
- attending and taking notes during meetings and hearings as appropriate
- contract review and amendment
- drafting of agreements and matter correspondence under supervision