The Ombudsman provides a free, independent, accessible and impartial service to Victorians. Her role is to ensure that state and local government services are delivered in a fair and reasonable manner that is compatible with the rights protected by the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006. The Ombudsman also investigates allegations of improper conduct referred by the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission (IBAC).
The Ombudsman also promotes excellence in public administration in Victoria through systemic investigations, publication of authoritative reports and engagement within both the government sector and the broader community.
Victorian Ombudsman is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible and safe work environment.
Students will be working on a discrete project, usually in pairs. Each project will require students to conduct legislative and regulatory analysis, examine and be involved in the engagement with stakeholder group, critically assess relevant legal and legislative landscape, prepare briefing and contribute to the development of policies.
Past projects have included:
- The Victorian Ombudsman’s jurisdiction in relation to disability, including the transition to NDIS.
- Australian Parliamentary and industry Ombudsmen approaches to conducting internal reviews of their decisions against their Legislative framework. A comparison and analysis with the Victorian Ombudsman complaints about the outcomes of a case decision was made.
- “Authority to act” approaches byvarious organisations, including scoping of legislative requirements, examining best practice elsewhere and culminated in drafting a template authority to act for the Victorian Ombudsman.
- Victorian Integrity system legislative changes preparation and implementation and the relationship with the oversight bodies.
- Victorian waste management and recycling legislation, services and policy application. Students examined mechanisms to manage waste and recycling concerns across local government areas and developed recommendation around opportunities to improve practice.
- Assessment of risks, opportunities and implications across legal, public and non-Government sectors through the lens of the Victorian Ombudsman Act.