LAW4328 LLB Professional Practice
LAW4328 Professional practice
In order to be eligible to apply for LAW4328 Professional practice, students must have:
- An active enrolment in their degree program at Monash;
- Successfully completed the prerequisite units according to the commencement year.
- A valid working with children check (Volunteer) under the counsellor category.
Important Information for CP3
This upcoming clinical period (CP3 - Clinical Period 3) will be conducted remotely. For further information regarding a remote Professional Practice experience please read the Remote Professional Practice FAQs
Application and Enrolment
Student should read the LAW4328 Professional Practice Unit Information before undertaking the application process.
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria;
- Complete the LAW4328 Application Form via InPlace, using the InPlace Application Instructions.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email within 7 to 10 days of application closing date.
- Students will be enrolled into the unit by Student Services.
Places are subject to a quota. In granting places, the following factors are taken into account (these factors are not set out in order of importance):
- Students' results in previous units. Generally, places will only be given to high performing students.
- How close the student is to completing their degree. Preference is given to students who would be completing Professional Practice towards the end of their degree, and who have not yet completed another placement for example LAW4803, LAW4811 or LAW4330
- How many hours of paid work the student is doing. If a student is doing more than 20 hours per week of paid work, then it normally they would not be accepted into the unit. Students may be contacted to discuss this further regarding flexibility.
- How many other units would be taken with Professional Practice. If the student is doing more than two other units as well as Professional Practice, they would normally not be accepted into the unit.
- If a student speaks languages other than English.
- If a student has had relevant community sector experience.
The Convenor of Legal Practice Programs makes the ultimate decision of whether a student is offered a place in the program, subject to the above factors and his/her discretion.
Clinical Period Dates
Clinical Period 3 2020
22 June - 25 September 2020
18 June 2020
Clinical Period 4 2020
14 September -18 December 2020
14 August 2020
10 September 2020
Clinical Period 1
7 December - 19 March 2021
6 November 2020
3 December 2020
Clinical units are subject to their own set of Discontinuation Dates. Students should check these before deciding to withdraw from a unit.
Frequently asked questions about all the Clinical placements.
Undergraduate student services
Phone: 1800 MONASH (1800 666 274)
Advia Sifris, Convenor - Professional Practice Undergraduate
Phone: +61 3 9905 5320