If you are in debt
If you have overdue debts and your creditors have commenced or threatened legal action against you, Monash-Oakleigh Legal Service (MOLS) can provide you with advice and assistance on the range of options available. We can help you:
- Negotiate settlements or appropriate payment solutions with creditors
- Prepare to present your case for court if you are being sued
- With advice on the consequences of various actions available and the range of outcomes creditors could obtain
- By providing referrals to organisations that can help you better manage your finances.
If a debt is owed to you
If you are owed a debt that has not been paid, MOLS can provide advice on the procedures available to help recover the money. We can help you:
- Draft a letter of demand
- Negotiate with your debtor
- Issue legal proceedings and prepare your case
- By providing advice on the enforcement procedures available if you obtain a judgment in your favour.