The Monash University grievance procedures are set out on the Student Complaints and Advocacy web site.

Under these procedures, students are encouraged to attempt to resolve any complaint with the staff member concerned, if any. If the matter is not able to be resolved in that way, the matter is classified as a grievance and the procedure to be followed depends on the type of grievance.

Special University procedures apply to grievances relating to:

In addition, the University maintains a list of Discrimination and Harrassment Grievance Advisers.

The Faculty Grievance Officer assists with student grievances relating to Faculty undergraduate or postgraduate coursework or to higher degrees by research (HDR), that cannot be resolved directly with the staff member concerned. For HDR candidates, please read grievance and appeal procedures for HDR candidates before you proceed.

For any grievance matters, please contact:

In addition, a student lodging a grievance must use the Grievance Lodgement Form (DOC, 0.1 MB). Please click here to find out more about Student Complaints and Grievances Procedures.

For more information on lodging a grievance go to the Grievance Procedures Flow Chart (PDF, 0.06 MB)

Student Rights Officers are available to provide independent advocacy, assistance and advice in relation to grievance matters.

See also