Monash Law Breakfast: Investor Choice in Global Security Markets
- 14 November 2018 at 7:30 am – 14 November 2018 at 8:30 am
- Bayside Room, RACV City Club, 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000
- $50 per person
Monash Faculty of Law is proud to be hosting Luca Enriques, Allen & Overy Professor of Corporate Law, Oxford University to present on the issue of investor choice in global security markets.
Hear about Professor Enriques’ recent paper, which forms part of the first phase of the New Special Study of the Securities Markets Project, explores how globalisation has affected the operation of securities markets and the challenges this poses for their regulation.
- Liberalisation: the removal of national foreign exchange controls and barriers to trade and investment.
- The growth of collective investment: A shift away from retail, and toward institutional, participation in securities markets.
- Technologisation: advances in information and communications technology have enabled the digitisation of business processes, increased connectivity to seamlessly link market participants regardless of location, and the automation of processes and services.
Date: Wednesday 14 November 2018
Time: 7.30 - 8.30am - registrations from 7am
Venue: Bayside Room, RACV City Club, 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne 3000
Cost: $50 per head (includes plated breakfast)