Field of Law
NGOs and Legal start-ups; Tenancy Law
Stage of Career
Description of Organisation
Anika Legal is a free online legal service for Victorian renters. Visit the Anika Legal website to learn more
Number of legal positions within organisation:
30 (volunteer positions)
Information for university students/graduates
What sort of volunteer/internship opportunities are available?
There are numerous types of volunteer positions available which require a legal background, e.g. Paralegals, Product Officers, etc. These positions open and close throughout the year depending on the stage of business operations. They are announced through our social media and will soon be announced through Anika's job board.
Contact person for volunteers:
Information for practising lawyers
What are you looking for in a permanent employee?
Anika is not hiring for lawyers at this time, however, the following is what we look for in our practising lawyers.
The most important qualities are:
- The desire to build something from the ground up
- Being passionate about improving legal services
- Feeling comfortable doing tasks you've never done before
- The ability to balance efficiency with meticulousness
- Being social impact oriented
What prior work is viewed favourably?
The following experience is advantageous but not essential:
- Practicing in the legal assistance sector
- Working in legal education
- Working in legal-tech or start-ups
On average, how many positions become available per year?
How many applications do you receive for these?
Where do you advertise your positions?
Ethical Jobs, Social Media