Forum: Timeliness in the Justice System: Ideas and Innovations
ACJI's Timeliness Project will feature a two-day Forum hosted by ACJI and the Australasian Institute of Judicial Administration (AIJA) on 16-17 May 2014. The Forum will consider how innovations in technology, case management, litigant obligations, processes, and organisation can support the timely disposition of matters within courts and tribunals, as well as examining issues associated with timeliness of dispute resolution processes more generally.
The Forum will feature panel discussions and presentations from senior judicial officers, administrators and researchers, including:
- The Hon. Chief Justice Wayne Martin, Supreme Court of Western Australia;
- Judge Kevin Burke, Minnesota District Court, past Board member of the National Center for State Courts, USA, and past President of the American Judges Association;
- The Hon. Justice Peter Vickery, Supreme Court of Victoria;
- The Hon. Justice John Dixon, Supreme Court of Victoria;
- The Hon. Robert Clark MP, Attorney-General, State of Victoria.
Dates: 16-17 May 2014
Time: Commences at 10.30 am on 16 May and concludes at 4.00 pm on 17 May, with a Forum dinner on the evening of 16 May
Venue: Monash University Law Chambers
555 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
RSVP: Friday, 25 April 2014 **Places are limited!** To express interest in attending, email Kathy.Jarrett@monash.edu.
Cost: $510 (GST incl.)
Program schedule and speaker profiles - download flyer (PDF, 0.62 MB)
For more information contact Kathy Jarrett (AIJA) at Kathy.Jarrett@monash.edu.