Set up an effective team
How to set up an effective team
An effective team is one where all members actively work together to identify and achieve common goals. Right from the outset, you as a team need to be proactive and clearly identify and agree on the objectives and ground rules of your group work.
The following actions are also key to setting up an effective team.
Establish who and what is involved:
- Identify and understand the assessment task.
- Get to know each other and familiarise yourselves with each other’s communication styles and preferences.
- Establish clear and realistic goals for completion of different subtasks.
Establish how you will work together:
- Decide group roles.
- Allocate subtasks fairly.
- Schedule regular group meetings, set ground rules and document decisions.