Recognising and sharing the outstanding work of Monash educators
The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards recognise excellence in teaching and research performance by Monash staff.
Nominations for Vice-Chancellor’s Awards are by Faculty. There are limits on the number of nominations a Faculty can put forward for each kind of teaching award.
Vice-Chancellor’s teaching award winners will be invited by the Monash Education Academy to apply for national teaching awards in subsequent years. The preparation required for award applications have a double benefit, as the evidence can be used in a teaching record or application for promotion.
If you are not in a faculty, but are in a Centre or other administration division, and wish to nominate, please contact MEA at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you through the new nomination process.
Key Dates for 2019
|Wednesday 10 April||Faculty nominations due for VC Citations for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning, Awards for Teaching Excellence, Award for Programs that Enhance Learning, and Awards for Technological Innovations in Learning and Teaching, Honours Supervision.|
|Monday 8 July||Honours Supervision nominees elect and submit their referees|
|Monday 19 August||Full applications due for all Vice-Chancellor’s Awards 2019|
|September (TBC)||Panel Meeting for VC Citations, TA and Program – Clayton campus|
|September (TBC)||Panel meeting for Honours Supervision – Clayton campus|
|Wednesday 27 November||Vice-Chancellor’s Awards|
Summary of changes to Guidelines in 2019
- A new award for Teaching Associates under Citations for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning.
- A reduction in the number of nominations allowed by faculties for Teaching Excellence awards, and reduction in the number awarded from 5 to 4.
- A new process of support for Citations, Teaching Excellence and Technological Innovation awards which accords with an earlier deadline for nominations by faculties.
- Completed nomination forms for each award category are required from faculties by 10 April 2019.
How to apply
- This year all award applications will be online (go to each award for more details)
- All applications close at 11:59pm on Monday 19 August.
Special instructions for team nominations
- Team nominations must be completed by the Team Lead on behalf of the team.
- Please download and complete the Team Details spreadsheet.
- Share the Team Details spreadsheet with your Team members to ensure their details are entered accurately.
- Remember to upload this document when you submit your online application.