Recognising and sharing the outstanding work of Monash educators
The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards recognise excellence in teaching and research performance by Monash staff.
Nominations for Vice-Chancellor’s Awards are by Faculty. There are limits on the number of nominations a Faculty can put forward for each kind of teaching award.
Vice-Chancellor’s teaching award winners will be invited by the Monash Education Academy to apply for national teaching awards in subsequent years. The preparation required for award applications have a double benefit, as the evidence can be used in a teaching record or application for promotion.
Awards in 2018
- Award for teaching excellence
- Up to three awards are available for teaching excellence by individuals or teams. Each award consists of a medallion, a permanent citation on the Awards Gallery and Records and Archives website, and a grant of $5,000 to be used at the discretion of the award winner to further their teaching interests.
- Award for programs that enhance learning
- One award of $2,000 value may be awarded. In line with the National Program Awards, this award recognises learning and teaching support programs and services that make an outstanding contribution to the quality of student learning and the quality of the student experience. The programs and services that receive this Award must have demonstrated their effectiveness through rigorous evaluation and will set benchmarks for similar activities at Monash University.
- Citations for outstanding contribution to student learning
- Up to five citations of value $1,000 may be awarded to nominees who demonstrate superior performance on the basis of their responses to one of the selection criteria, and citation winners are encouraged to apply for National citations.
- Award for excellence in honours supervision
- One award consists of a medallion, a permanent citation on the Records and Archives website, and a grant of $5,000 to be used at the discretion of the award winner to benefit his or her honours supervision. Certificates of Special Commendation may be awarded to other nominated supervisors who demonstrate superior performance in supervision but who are not award winners.
- Award for technological innovation in learning and teaching
- This is a new award which recognises the development and/or implementation of technological innovation to improve teaching, learning or assessment in online, blended or face to face classes.
Key dates in 2018
- Faculty nominations are due by 5pm, Monday 9 July 2018.
- Full applications due are due by 5pm, Monday 20 August 2018
Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com
The Monash Teaching Award Panels review and rank the applications and feedback will be provided to all applicants.
Applications must be submitted to the Monash Education Academy. Further information for staff can be viewed here.