Getting started with Zoom
Zoom works best using the Zoom app on a Laptop/Desktop or Mobile device. This can be installed on Monash devices via Software Centre (PC), My Software (Mac) or your app store (Mobile). On personal devices it can be installed from https://monash.zoom.us/download
Note: Participants in China can download the Zoom app from https://zoomcloud.cn/download. They can join a Zoom meeting as usual by simply clicking the meeting invitation link as normal.
Signing in to Zoom
- To launch Zoom, click on the program and click Sign In.
- Click Sign in with SSO. If you are prompted to enter the SSO domain, enter ‘Monash’ before clicking Continue.
- Sign in with your Monash login through OKTA.
- Once signed in, you will see the Zoom home tab.
NOTE: You can join a meeting without signing in by clicking Join a meeting and entering the meeting ID. If you want start or schedule a Zoom meeting, you must first be signed in.
- New Meeting: Start an instant meeting.
NOTE: If you wish to use Zoom in your teaching, scheduling a Zoom meeting is recommended. To learn more, see the setting up a scheduled Zoom meeting guide.
- Join: Join a meeting that is in progress with the meeting ID or meeting URL.
- Schedule: Schedule your Zoom sessions in advance to provide students with links in your Moodle Unit. To learn more, see the setting up a scheduled Zoom meeting guide.
- Share Screen: Share your screen in a Zoom Room by entering in the sharing key or meeting ID.
More MEI Zoom guides
- Scheduling a Zoom meeting
- Running a Zoom meeting (in meeting controls)
- Recommended settings for Zoom
- Recording a Zoom meeting and uploading it to Moodle
- Attendance reports in Zoom