Monash Warwick Alliance Education Exchange Scheme
Monash Warwick Alliance
Education Exchange Scheme
The Monash Warwick Alliance Education Exchange Scheme (EES) has been established to provide academic and professional staff involved in learning and teaching with the opportunity to:
- share enhanced and evidence-based practice that supports the student experience;
- develop and review innovative educational pedagogical activity;
- establish connections to leverage expertise in education across both universities;
- build or extend their international profile in education; and
- add a learning and teaching dimension to existing research collaborations.
The Monash Education Academy and the Warwick International Higher Education Academy work together in facilitating productive exchanges around targeted and innovative programs or projects.
The Program supports exchange that enable Monash staff to:
- undertake a residency at Warwick;
- invite Warwick staff to undertake a residency at Monash;
- invite colleagues from a third institution to undertake a residency at Monash, Warwick or both universities, as part of a wider program of Alliance international engagement.
Visiting Scholars will be funded up to $10,000 each. Residencies will normally be of 2-4 weeks in duration.
Application process and selection criteria
When you are ready, complete an application form which can be found on the MEA and WIHEA websites.
This program is open to all Monash University staff and applications can be submitted to either institution throughout the year Funds to successful applicants will be deposited into a nominated University account, as per cost centre and fund details provided in the application form.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com, making sure that the following selection criteria are addressed and a budget for the proposed program of activity is provided.
Heads of Schools or Departments and or Associate Dean (Education) should comment on appropriateness of the proposed activity (including staff involved) and how it contributes to university/faculty/school/department strategies is welcomed.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria
- Proven track record of excellence and innovation in learning and teaching;
- Ability of the proposed program to make a significant contribution to advance teaching and learning across the Monash Warwick Alliance;
- Support from both sending and hosting institutions;
- Value for money, i.e. potential impact of activity relative to funding;
- Evidence of shared benefit of other university visiting scholars to both institutions.
Applications will be jointly assessed by a panel consisting of representatives from the Monash Education Academy and the Monash Warwick Alliance in consultation with the respective Faculty’s Associate/Deputy Dean (Education) and the Warwick International Higher Education Academy.