Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance
About the course
Learn mindfulness techniques to reduce stress and improve your wellbeing and work/study performance in this online course.
Stressed by the pace of modern life? Mindfulness might be the answer. Research shows that when you’re not deliberately paying attention to something, your brain goes into default mode causing increased anxiety and poor communication.
Mindfulness can help end this unproductive behaviour. On this online mindfulness course, you’ll learn how to incorporate mindfulness practices into your life, to reduce stress and improve your personal and professional life.
- The problem of unmindfulness
- Research on mindfulness
- Mindful stress reduction and managing emotions
- Improving work and study performance
- Mindfulness in memory and learning
- Cultivating self-compassion and emotional health
- Mindful communication
- Relationships and empathy
- Mindfulness as a way of life
Duration: 4 weeks | Weekly study: 3 hours
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the causes of stress in your life
- Experiment with a range of mindfulness techniques
- Develop a range of mindfulness techniques that are effective in your life
- Evaluate the impact of a variety of mindfulness techniques
- Reflect on your experiences in a personal mindfulness journal
- Model a more mindful approach to work, study and life
Course developed by
Monash University is one of Australia’s leading universities, ranked in the world’s top 1% by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It was established in Melbourne in 1958.