Business Fundamentals: Effective Communication
About the course
Improve your written and verbal communication skills. Faced with a daily deluge of information, we have never had greater need of clear communication skills.
This online course offers you a practical grounding in using a range of communication media, to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
You will discover the principles of writing influential emails, reports and proposals. You will find new confidence in your ability to make convincing presentations and conduct productive meetings. And you will develop communication approaches that are sensitive to cultural and personal differences.
- Making effective phone calls and writing emails
- Online communication in a professional context
- Delivering effective presentations
- Writing professional reports and proposals
- Conducting productive meetings
- The future trends in professional communication
Duration: 4 weeks | Weekly study: 3 hours
By the end of the course, you'll be able to.
- Apply and understand principles of effective communication in a range of media
- Apply simple but powerful frameworks to get more out of email and telephone calls in less time
- Improve your writing skills for greater work and study success
- Design and create more convincing presentations and run more productive meetings
- Develop cultural and interpersonal sensitivity in your communication behaviour
EOCCS: This course is accredited by EOCCS, the first international quality benchmark for online courses in business and management education.
Course developed by
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.