Starting a Business 1: Vision and Opportunity
Are you interested in starting a business? This course will help you define your vision and discover opportunities to make it happen.
About the course
A successful business starts with a clear vision and a thorough understanding of the opportunities available to turn that vision into a reality. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will help you consider your vision and explore the opportunities available. It will give you the time to plan and help you to start documenting your thoughts in a structured business plan while allowing you to share your ideas with others.
This course is the first in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
- The entrepreneurial learning cycle
- The opportunity business model: the importance of sharing your vision
- Vision and opportunity in successful businesses
- Writing a core value proposition
- Introduction to writing a robust business plan.
DURATION 2 weeks
WEEKLY STUDY 2 hours
By the end of the course, you'll be able to.
- Assess the entrepreneurial cycle which underpins the course.
- Explore the scope for discovering or creating business opportunities.
- Investigate businesses in your local area.
- Discuss the entrepreneur’s business challenge: Which business should I start and how?
- Evaluate and assess a business idea.
- Produce a business plan within 200 words.
- Investigate the vision and opportunities for a business plan.