Starting a Business 2: People and Networks
Find out how working with people and exploring networks can help you take your business to the next level.
About the course
A successful business relies heavily on people and networking. A good team and wider network are essential to success and growth. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course will help you to recognise the people who can help you take your business forward in both formal and informal business networks.
This course is the second in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
- The importance of people, teams and networks within business
- Roles within a team
- Methods to develop a team
- Formal and informal business networks
- How to build and expand a professional network
- The business plan: identifying people, teams and networks
Duration: 2 weeks | Weekly study: 2 hours
By the end of the course, you'll be able to.
- Assess the importance of people, teams and networks for business success.
- Identify the eight types of team roles.
- Explore the five stages of team development.
- Discuss the entrepreneur’s business challenge: Which option should Nick select to build a high performing team?
- Identify people and networks in a business plan.
- Identify what skills are required.
- Explore how you will develop your networks.
Course developed by
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.