Starting a Business 4: Business Processes
Understand how business works and performance can be improved so that you can take your business forward and manage growth.
About the course
A successful business relies on processes and information systems; it is important that an entrepreneur pays close attention to how their business works and how performance can be improved so that they are in a position to take it forward and manage growth. Whether you have an idea for a future venture or you already have a side-line business whilst studying, this course covers efficient business processes to improve productivity.
This is the final course in a series of six about ‘starting a business’.
- The importance of business processes: controlling operations and technologies
- Efficient business processes: adapting processes to facilitate business growth
- How to improve productivity to meet increased demand
- Information system types within business
- The business plan: business processes and information systems
Duration: 2 weeks | Weekly study: 2 hours
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the importance of both business processes and information systems by contributing to the course comments.
- Identify the challenges a business faces when managing growth.
- Evaluate the entrepreneur’s business challenge: How can Sophie increase productivity to meet the demands of sales?
- Identify the business processes in a business plan.
- Investigate where your business is going to operate.
- Assess who is involved in the processes.
- Using your own business idea or a company of your choice, investigate the information and systems required to track business processes.
- Record the skills required to design and run the business processes.