URLs (Moodle resource)
You can add a URL to link to a website, a Youtube video or an audio file or a blog related to your topic. It can be displayed simply as a hyperlink or you can embed the URL in a page.
Note: You can also highlight text and create a hyperlink in any text editor in Moodle
- Click Turn editing on in the top right corner.
- In the topic where you want to add a resource or activity, click +Add an activity or resource.
- Select URL from the list.
- Enter a name for your URL. This will appear as the clickable link in your topic.
Note: You can also add a description that can be read by students. The description can be displayed if you choose ‘Embed’ in the Display option. If you choose any other option, students will only see the description if they right-click on the link and select Open in a new tab or window.
- You can:
- Link to a website by entering the URL of the website you want to link to.
- Link to a Youtube video by clicking on Choose a link to link to a Youtube video.
- In the Appearance section, under Display, select how you want the URL to be displayed.
Note: You can click on the help icon beside each option for more information. If you choose ‘Embed’ and have added a description, it can be displayed with the embedded file by selecting ‘Display URL description’ in the Appearance section.