Attendance (Moodle activity)
The Attendance activity allows online marking of attendance. A teacher can take attendance, print reports and allow students to view their own record. You can also allow students to mark their own attendance. You can add the Attendance block to have quick access to attendance in your site.
- Click Turn editing on in the top right corner of the unit banner.
- In the topic you would like to add an attendance activity, click Add an activity or resource.
- Select Attendance and click Add.
- You may change the Name of your Attendance activity and change the Grade if required.
- Once complete, scroll down to the bottom and click the Save and display button.
Now you need to add sessions to your Attendance activity.
- Click on the Add session tab.
- Select a date, time and description for your attendance activity.
- To create a repeating session, ensure you tick the Repeat the session above as follows checkbox and select the required options.
- If you wish to allow students to mark their own attendance, in the Student recording section, check the Allow students to record own attendance checkbox. You also assign a password or QR code for students.
- Click the Add button.
Once complete, your attendance activity should resemble the following:
Note: The blue arrow indicates that attendance still needs to be taken for that session. To take attendance, click on the blue arrow.
- Click on the attendance activity.
- Ensure you are in the Sessions tab.
- Click on the blue arrow next to the session.
- You can quickly mark attendance by clicking on the letter abbreviation or set status for all users.You can then edit and include an optional Remark if needed.
- Click on OK to save your changes.